Saturday, December 13, 2008

Bump in the night

Ok, so I'm trying to get more creative with my titles.

Last night, I was visiting with my friends in Redlands who I haven't seen in forever. I drive all the way there with traffic and back and get in an accident just 2 blocks from my house. It was about 12:30 in the morning. I was sitting on Imperial getting ready to turn onto Orangethorpe. The light turned green and I began to pull out but couldn't see the ridiculously fast car coming from the west because of the massive construction they are doing there. Needless to say, I gunned it causing him to hit the back of my car versus T-boning me. He hit me hard causing me to do a 180. I just sat there knowing of course he was going to stop. As I looked in my mirror he was halfway down the street already. I'm fairly confident to say that he didn't even brake which leads me to believe that he was very drunk. All things considering, with as fast as he was going, I was very lucky. God was definitely looking out for me!!

As I gunned it I turned a little which allowed him to only clip the back side of my car. A witness saw it and told the police officer that was down the road pulling another car over. But because the driver was going so fast he didn't get the license plate either. So the jerk gets away and I have to deal with getting the car fixed as it's not safe to drive - the left rear tire is bent. Half of my hub cap is gone and I have his paint on my car. The trunk popped open and the police officers couldn't get it closed. Jeff got it to close and you can see that the back end is bent and off. But, besides being sore, I'm very lucky!! So if you see a (what I think was a BMW), dark colored, with a mashed front end with shades of white on his car...get his license plate number :)



No comments: