Monday, June 9, 2008

Ohio Trip

Jeff and I got to go back to Ohio to spend time with family, but more importantly, see my cousin get married. It was SO great to see everyone, I just can't get enough of Ohio!! Nothing like being at Grandma and Grandpa's beautiful house with all of us together. We don't get the chance to see each other a lot but when we do, it is so much fun. Plus, I laugh a lot!!

It was a little crazy the first night as storms delayed my brother and sister-in-law in Chicago. There's a joke now that if you want to go anywhere, don't travel with my sister-in-law. For some reason, when she travels there is always something that goes wrong and it typically is delayed or cancelled flights. This vacation was no different as there flight was cancelled coming into Ohio and flying back home (there flight was cancelled keeping them in Denver for the night). Anyways, there was a huge storm in Ohio the night we got in. All night long we listened to rain and thunder and saw tons of lightning.

I apologize in advance for all the pictures :). Here's a few pictures of G and G's house:

The front of the house

The pond, looking toward their neighbors house

The good ol' tire swing

The backside of the house

Just part of the backyard

Some pics of the wedding:

The happy couple

The wedding cupcakes

Jeff and I (one of the MANY weddings we've been to in the last year)

Before the wedding, my brother wanted to visit a few grave sites of my Grandma's family...since he hadn't been in awhile. This particular grave site is my Grandma's brother who fought in World War II. He died about 2 weeks after his 20th birthday.

So, my cousin's daughter Ava is super cute and is a Buckeye fan in training. Seriously, every time she comes in the house, she seeks out Brutus the Buckeye. This one plays music, which she just loves to the point that she cries when it stops. Oh, and the family is training her on giving Brutus a high five and kissing Brutus the Buckeye...which she does. We're so proud!!

What can I say.....priceless!


No comments: