Thursday, June 19, 2008

Family Outings

My family was able to come out to Cali and visit!! It was a last minute trip which worked out really well, as they got to be here for a full week vs. just a couple of days (I'll spare you the details). So, we visited the typical locations...or attractions, I should say; Knott's Berry Farm and Disneyland. SO much fun and SO very hot :)

In between the days of Knott's and Disney, my Aunt took us all out to "Pirates Dinner Adventure" in Buena Park, which is similar to "Medieval Times." All in all, it was fun. Good dinner, good entertainment...not much of a story line to watch but great acrobatics and good times.

I've put up a couple pictures from the rides. My family, particularly my brother, always does something funny for the camera...as you can see.

The other hilarious thing is the truly terrified look on virtually every ride from my nephew Chad. He got to be a "big boy" this year and ride most of the rides as he barely met the height requirement. He met his challenge of experiencing new rides...but I have to say, he was a little nervous most every ride but ended up loving them at the end. Of course, you can't tell that from the pics and video. I laughed at these for hours!!


This video is from a fairly new ride at Knott's, called "Sierra Sidewinder". You are put in these little "pods" that rotate throughout the whole ride. On each of these pods is a camera which videos the whole thing. The beginning part of the video is a small intro to the ride itself...eventually you can see Chad...having the time of his life. Don't worry about the stuff after they ride...as it's just more info about Knott's.

(Quality of video is low...sorry about that. You can't get Chad's true reaction but you can kind of see the fear in his face)


No comments: